Cost per serving $2.02 view details
- 1(15oz.) can of pumpkin puree
- 1\2 cup of plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1(14oz.) of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 3\4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 3\4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1\2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1(9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- CINNAMON NUTS TOPPING
- 2 1\2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1\3 cup turbinado raw sugar
- 11\2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 1\2 Tablespoons butter, chilled
- 3\4 cup roasted chopped walnuts or pecans
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, yogurt, flour, sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in cloves ,nutmeg ,ginger,cinnamon and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour this batter into the pie shell and place on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the pre-heated oven. While the pie is baking, prepare the cinnamon topping.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, turbinado sugar, and cinnamon. Blend in the cold butter with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.
- Mix in the chopped roasted nuts, remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle the topping over the pie.
- Return to oven and reduced the heat to 325 F. Bake an additional 45 minutes, or until set.
- Remove and cool completely and refrigerate 2 hours before cutting. Top with whipped cream or whipped topping when serve if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 117g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 196||51%|
|Total Fat 22.95g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 7.56g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.47g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|