Wonderful, moist meatloaf recipe with a tomato/chili sauce.
Makes good sandwiches.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Cost per serving $1.47 view details
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 each, minced: carrot, stalk of celery
- 2 tbs. minced onions
- tsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Saltines, crushed
- 2 tbs. milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 4 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (I use Heinz)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Mince the veggies and saute in oil until golden brown, let cool.
- Add egg, milk, veggies, crackers, and seasonings and mix together with the beef.
- Make a well in the beef and sprinkle in cheese.
- Cover cheese and shape beef into a loaf.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes, remove from the oven.
- Combine tomato paste with chili sauce, spread on the meatloaf.
- Return meatloaf to the oven, and bake another 15-30 minutes, depending on how thick you shaped the loaf.
- Remove from oven, let rest 10 minutes, covered. If you slice it too soon, the cheese will spill out.
- Serve with extra chili sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 169g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 192||63%|
|Total Fat 21.37g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 8.17g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 5.76g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|