Cost per serving $0.48 view details
- 1/4 cup water (105-115 F.)
- 1 package or 1 tbs. yeast
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temp
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 cups flour + more, if needed
- (Note: add 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour to replace 1/4 cup all-purpose.)
- Toppings: 2 tbs. melted butter
- 1 tsp. minced parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Add most of the melted butter to buttermilk in a plastic mixing bowl.
- Heat water to correct temp, add it to a small bowl with sugar and yeast.
- Let proof 10 minutes.
- Add egg, buttermilk mix, garlic, yeast mix and salt to the mixing bowl, stir.
- Add 3 cups flour, combine well.
- Remove and knead 8 minutes. Dough should be silky smooth. If tacky, add a bit more flour.
- Put remaining butter in the plastic bowl, add kneaded bread and roll it in the butter.
- Cover and let rise 1 hour, or until doubled.
- Punch down and shape rolls as desired, or form them into 12 balls, and place in pan, not touching.
- Cover, let rise 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Bake 18 - 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Brush tops with butter mix, and serve.
- This recipe assumes 2 rolls per person, but it easily doubles.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 145||77%|
|Total Fat 16.5g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 10.18g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.15g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|