These rolls are easy to make and family and friends will love them.
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 25 minutes
Cost per serving $0.27 view details
- 1 cup instant grits uncooked
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
- 6 to 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages dry yeast
- Combine instant grits, sugar, and salt in large bowl.
- Add water, oil and 2 cups of the flour.
- Beat 2 minutes on low speed with mixer.
- Add 1 cup additional flour and yeast.
- Beat 1 minute on low speed.
- Stir in additional flour to make soft dough.
- Turn out on floured board and knead until smooth and elastic. Add additional flour if needed.
- Spray two round cake pans and divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into 18 balls and place in pans.
- Cover and let rise 1 to 2 hours until doubled in size.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush with butter.
- Makes about 36 rolls.
- Serve warm.
- Note: I have also made the dough balls larger and placed in a 9 x 13 inch greased cake pan. They will be more like sandwich rolls if made this way.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 101g|
|Recipe makes 18 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||17%|
|Total Fat 4.6g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.39g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.1g|
|Total Carbs 44.02g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|