Cost per serving $1.45 view details
- 280 g spinach, stalks removed, washed
- 500 g medium cap mushrooms
- 25 g butter
- Â½ small onion, chopped
- 25 g bacon, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tbs double cream
- 4 tbs Cheddar or similar cheese, grated
- 2 tbs homemade breadcrumbs
- Parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Put the spinach in a pan, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, until just wilted. Place it in a colander and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then chop finely.
- Snap the stalks from the mushrooms and chop the stalks finely.
- Add the onion, bacon and mushroom stalks to the pen with melted butter and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, cook for a few seconds, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the mushroom caps with melted butter and place, gills uppermost, in a single layer in the greased (with butter) ovenproof dish.
- Divide the spinach mixture among the mushrooms.
- Mix together the cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the mushrooms.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms at 190ËC for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 111g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 66||67%|
|Total Fat 7.52g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 4.13g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.91g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|