These are a big hit in the summertime when everyone is tired of the same old burgers and hot dogs. Its nutritious and super quick and crowd pleasing and unusual.
Serve with or without buns and your favorite condiments. I like to serve these with Avocados, Tomato, and sometime Tzatziki sauce.
- Burger Ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 1 bunch fresh cut spinach
- 4 cloves Garlic â crushed or minced
- Â¼ cup of finely chopped onions
- 1 tbl spn of sun dried tomatoes
- Pinch of red pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
- 1 pouch of quick cooking oats (regular flavor)
- Assembling Ingredients:
- 2 Avocado â cut into slices
- 2 Tomato â cut into slices
- 6 whole wheat buns
- 6 slices of any kind of cheese
- Onion slices â options ( I donât like it so I dint put that on my burger)
- 2 tbl spn Mayo or butter
- How to make:
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor griddle on medium-high heat and lightly oil it.
- While the grill is preheating, mix together all the burger ingredients. And form into 6 patties.
- Cook on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. (depends on grill)
- Take a bun and heat it on grill as well.
- Butter or mayo the bottom part of the bun and assemble the bun according to your taste.
- I layered it with avocado slices, burger, cheese and tomatoes.
- Enjoy it with cold soda or lemonade and regular potato chips on the side.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 378g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 278||42%|
|Total Fat 31.03g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 10.2g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.41g|
|Total Carbs 62.34g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|