Cost per serving $0.97 view details
- 1 x French bread
- 3 med Mozzarella cheeses
- 2 lrg Red peppers
- 2 x Handfuls fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gm Unsalted butter, (2oz)
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 1 sprg fresh flat leaf parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C/400 F/gas mark 6
- Place the peppers on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 20 min till deflated and slightly charred. Leave to cold, then peel off the skin.
- Cut the flesh of each into 12 pcs, discarding the core and seeds.
- Cut the bread into 20 slices. Cut the mozzarella cheeses in 1cm (1/2 inch)
- thick slices, making a total of 16 slices.
- Thread 4 skewers, allowing 5 slices of bread per skewer. Start with the bread and alternate with the red pepper pcs, cheese and basil leaves.
- Place the skewers on an oiled baking tray. Brush the skewers with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 8 min, turning after 4 min and checking to see which the skewers do not burn. Heat the butter and pour over the skewers. Serve garnished with a sprig of parsley.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 127g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 221||71%|
|Total Fat 24.97g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 10.21g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.95g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|