People who suffer from celiac disease cannot consume foods with gluten for health reasons. Aside from this, many people choose to exclude gluten from their diets for a number of other reasons. Here's a fantastic gluten free banana bread recipe that uses clever substitutions to make the recipe extra healthy, as well as free from gluten.
Even if you do consume gluten, chances are that you know people who don't, so it's nice to be able to accommodate them—especially when the gluten free banana bread recipe is as good as this one.
- These are the ingredients you will need:
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 3 large bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Here are the simple preparation instructions:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F and lightly grease a large baking pan. A glass casserole dish will do the trick.
- 2. Combine the starch, brown rice flour, sea salt, baking soda and gluten free baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Create a puree by mashing the bananas together and then adding eggs, maple syrup, milk, vanilla and citrus zest in a separate bowl.
- 4. Mix both the dry and wet ingredients together into one large mixing bowl.
- 5. Pour the cake batter you have created into your greased baking pan. You will need to bake this cake for about 50 minutes. Cooking times will vary by appliance, so it's a good idea to keep an eye on it.
- Enjoy this delicious gluten free option and share it with your guests. They will be thankful you put in the extra effort to accommodate them with this delicious banana bread recipe.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 242g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 79||15%|
|Total Fat 9.13g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.13g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 104.66g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|