Cost per recipe $0.75 view details
- 2 x Red Savina Habaneros, (or possibly 4 regular Habs) roasted and diced
- 8 x Roma, (AKA saladette, plum, salsa) tomatoes, roasted and diced
- 1 sm Onion roasted and diced
- 2 x Cloves garlic roasted and diced
- 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano - toasted/roasted, up to 3/4, up to
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- After roasting the veggies, peal off the charred skin (except the habs)
- leaving bits of charred skin on the veggies. Next place all of the ingredients in a blender /food processor except the salt & extra virgin olive oil. Puree all till it is smooth. Next heat the extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan and heat. Add in the sauce and simmer for 5-7 min. While simmering stir in the salt.
- Note: use a ripe lime- that should be yellow not green.
- The sauce should keep in a fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Like I said I just made this last night. I never make a recipe exactly the same two times in a row... I like to play with my food.. guess I never really grew up ;-).
- Anyway last night I added a shot (+) of Triple sec to the sauce... yummy ( I also used 4 red Savina habs to make it hotter).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 127g|
|Calories from Fat 240||85%|
|Total Fat 27.16g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 3.78g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.48g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|