This recipe is really good! I just made it for the family I cook for and I think they're going to love it.
I've never cut up corn before so if any of you are out there who haven't either, just an FYI, 2lbs of whole corn = 1lb of kernals.
Cost per recipe $8.78 view details
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 seven-inch corn tortillas cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 T. minced fresh garlic
- 2 T. minced white onion
- 1 Â½ tsp. minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 lb. white corn kernels
- 1 Â½ lbs chopped, ripe red tomatoes
- 1/3 c. tomato paste
- 2 Â½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 T. kosher salt
- Â¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Â½ cups water
- 1 quart chicken stock
- Blue corn tortilla chips, (garnish)
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (garnish)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (garnish)
- Over medium-high heat, fry tortilla squares in olive oil until they begin to crisp and turn golden yellow. Add garlic, onion and jalapeno; cook 1 to 2 minutes, until onion becomes translucent. Add half the corn along with all the other ingredients (except garnishes), reserving other half of corn to be added at the end. Bring the soup to a low even boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. Use a hand-held propeller blade processor or food processor to process in batches in the consistency of a course puree.
- Process the remaining corn in a food processor for 2 minutes. Return the soup to burner and add the reserved corn. Bring the soup to a boil once again being careful not to burn.
- Serve, garnish with blue corn tortilla chips, cilantro and cheddar cheese.
- Serves 6 - 8
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1470g|
|Calories from Fat 243||37%|
|Total Fat 27.75g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 8.61g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 84.96g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.2g||54%|