This is a wonderful 3 layer dessert.
~A chewy walnut crust
~ A sweetened cream cheese middle
~ A light cool whip topping.
Only one cherry per slice as a garnish.
This was a family secret recipe....until now!
- Step 1
- Crust (mix together)
- Beat 3 egg whites until stiff
- Â½ Cup Brown Sugar
- Â½ Cup White Sugar
- 20 Ritz Crackers rolled fine
- 1 Â½ Cup Walnuts (chopped small)
- Step 2
- Cream Cheese Layer (beat together)
- Beat 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 TBL Milk
- 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- Spread evenly over crust
- Step 3
- 1 ~ 8 oz cool whip
- 1 can cherry pie filling (only use 12 cherries)
- Prepare crust - step 1
- Grease a 9x13 glass pan
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes
- Cool completely
- Spread cream cheese mixture (step 2)
- Cover with Cool whip
- Using a teaspoon, strategically drop a cherry
- In every 3 â square section ~ allowing each
- Piece cut to contain 1 cherry on top.
- Keep refrigerated
- Options: I have doubled the crust and also
- The cream cheese fillingâ¦.âso goodââ¦.
- Note......Do not overcook crust ( will get too hard)
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 114g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 69||24%|
|Total Fat 7.93g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.05g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 54.53g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|