Fantastic dish for a dinner party - take some time on your presentation, your guest will love it and will make the night memorable. Here's a suggestion: On a large plate, put mixed vegetables in the center and 2 scallops on top of vegetables then drizzle with 1 tablespoon sauce around all.
- 6 Day Boat Scallops
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper
- Â½ cup corn kernels
- Â½ cup fresh peas, shelled
- Â½ cup snap peas, cut on the bias
- Â½ cup pearl onions, white or purple
- Â½ cup carrot balls or baby carrots cut on the bias
- Â¼ Lb Butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lobster shells
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot, cut roughly into medium dice
- Â½ yellow onion, cut roughly into medium dice
- Â½ celery stalk, cut roughly into medium dice
- 1 leek, white part only
- Â¼ cup cracked black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 star anise
- Â½ cup brandy
- Â½ cup dry sherry
- 1 quart water
- Â½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups frozen peas
- Vegetable Prep:
- Corn: In a medium sauce pan bring water to a boil. Salt with 2 tablespoons of sea salt and add corn. Blanch for 2 minutes then shock in ice bath. Pull out of ice bath and reserve.
- Peas: In a medium sauce pan bring water to a boil. Salt with 2 tablespoons of sea salt and add peas. Blanch for 3 minutes then shock in ice bath. Pull out of ice bath and reserve.
- Carrot Balls: Cook in cold salted water until boiling for approximately 4 â 5 minutes. Taste for doneness. Keep them a bit firm. Remove and shock in ice bath. Pull out of ice bath and reserve.
- Pearl Onions: Put pearl onions in pot of cold water. Bring to boil for 3 â 4 minutes. Keep them a bit firm. Remove and shock in ice bath. Pull out of ice bath and remove peel.
- Snap Peas: leave raw
- After all vegetables have been blanched, mix together and place to the side for later.
- Sauce Prep
- In medium sauce pan, over high heat, sautÃ© lobster shells with olive oil for five minutes, add carrot, onions and celery. Cook until translucent, add remaining ingredients. Deglaze with brandy and sherry, let cook for 2 minutes and add water to cover. Cook for 20 minutes and strain through fine sieve.
- In blender, put 3 cups of frozen peas and lobster broth. Blend until smooth and strain through chinois.
- Always be sure to remove the muscle located on one side of the scallop before cooking. The muscle is usually slightly darker than the color of the flesh and is easily removed in one piece by hand without gouging the flesh of the scallop. If left on when cooked, the muscle develops a much tougher texture than the flesh and can be unpleasant to eat.
- In a non-stick pan, sautÃ© scallops with 1T olive oil over medium/high heat. Sear for approximately 2 Â½ minutes on each side, depending upon the size and thickness of scallops.
- SautÃ© vegetable mixture in olive oil and butter, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reheat sauce over low to medium heat.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1052g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 533||51%|
|Total Fat 60.54g||76%|
|Saturated Fat 23.73g||95%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 87.27g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.8g||83%|