You'll want to serve this dish immediately after it's cooked over haricot verts with a truffle Madeira sauce.
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cost per serving $1.54 view details
- 4 ea 8 oz portions of beef tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil or clarified butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Truffle Crust:
- 1 lb butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 3 c panko dried bread crumbs
- 4 to 5 oz truffle slices (fresh), or chopped frozen
- Â¼ c truffle oil
- Fleur de sel to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a robot coupe, add softened butter and work until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Add the panko bread crumbs and incorporate well. Add truffle oil and diced truffles; pulse but not overwork. You want to be able to see the truffle pieces in this butter mixture.
- Lay out three of four layers of plastic wrap on the table. Mold the truffle butter into a log in the plastic wrap with a 4 inch diameter, approximately 1 inch long. Refrigerate until firm.
- Once firm, cut into Â½ - Â¾ inch slices â these will be used as the crust for the individual pieces of tenderloin.
- Season beef tenderloin pieces with fleur de sel and pepper. Over high heat, add oil to a sautÃ© pan and sear on each side, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and place a piece of the cold sliced truffle crust; make sure to remove ALL the plastic wrap from the individual pieces before placing on the beef.
- Put the crusted beef under the broiled until the butter has melted and has become golden brown.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 243g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1089||76%|
|Total Fat 123.59g||154%|
|Saturated Fat 67.85g||271%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 72.31g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|