This is a simple recipe but it is really delicious. What I love about it is that it has enough flavor to make any adult's mouth water, but our kids still say "this is out favorite salmon!" This is flavorful enough to go well with a simple side like brown or white rice, or a simple parmesan and butter pasta. Don't forget to pour the spice infused olive oil from the foil over your salmon and rice or pasta!
- 4 salmon fillets (about 5-6 ounces each)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp light olive oil
- 2 tsp dried basil (or 2 Tbsp fresh basil shredded)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium bowl, prepare the marinade by mixing the garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place the salmon fillets in a medium pyrex baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 degrees C).
- Place the salmon fillets in large pieces of aluminum foil, cover with the marinade, and fold up the sides of the foil to completely seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish or on a baking sheet, and bake 35 minutes. Open one of the foils and check the salmon with a fork. If it flakes easily, it is done.
- Server over rice or pasta, pouring the extra marinade from the foil over the fish
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 234g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 419||70%|
|Total Fat 46.9g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 8.85g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.53g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|