I've been cooking this recipe for so long, and it is so simple, that I have often overlooked posting it. We had it with our grilled chicken this week, and finally I'm putting it online. Marcella Hazan says this method of cooking pasta has eclipsed all others as the favorite amongst Northern Italians. And I must say it's among the favorites in my family too. It makes a fantastic accompaniement to any grilled meat or vegetable. We use Barilla Plus pasta, which makes it a much healthier side than if prepared with plain semolina (white) pasta.
- 1 pound pasta (spaghetti, tortellini, or whatever you prefer)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (parmigiano-reggiano preferred)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Put hot, just cooked and drained pasta in a warm serving bowl. Add 4 Tbsp of grated cheese and toss rapidly, trying to touch the cheese to each bit of pasta.
- Add half the butter and another 4 Tbsp of cheese, and continue to toss thoroughly.
- Add the remaining cheese and turn the pasta over with it 3-4 times.
- Add the remaining half of the butter, toss until it has melted, flavor as you like with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, and serve at once with some additional cheese at the table. (Adding salt and pepper would not be approved by purists, but I generally add a small amount if serving with a mildly flavored meat or vegetable.)
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 149g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 153||25%|
|Total Fat 17.5g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 10.11g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 85.7g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|