This is a simple dish I throw together with fresh white fish fillets (typically Swai, Tilapia, Catfish, or Orange Roughy). It's easy to make and our whole family loves it. I know it seems crazy to give this four and a half stars, but it's a really great combination of flavors. Try this with rice and a vegetable side dish or salad, and you won't be disappointed!
- 2 pounds fish fillets (Swai, Tilapia, Catfish, Orange Roughy, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp paprika (approx)
- 1 Tbsp cumin (approx)
- 1 tsp turmeric (approx)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a large frying or saute pan.
- Meanwhile liberally sprinkle the paprika and cumin on both sides of the fish fillets, while less liberally sprinkling the turmeric. Then sprinkle both sides with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When the oil is hot, add the fish to the pan and cover. Cook for 2 minutes on a side, then flip and cover again and cook an additional 2 minutes on the other side. If the fillets are thick, cut in the thick part with a night to check if the fish is white and flaky on the inside. If the fish is still pink or translucent in the thickest part, continue cooking for approximately 2 more minutes, flipping back to the other side for the last minute.
- Serve over or next to rice with a vegetable.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 235g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 99||35%|
|Total Fat 11.18g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.54g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.13g|
|Total Carbs 1.98g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|