This was incredible, I added a half pint of heavy cream and used corn starch instead of flour. Also added "Old Bay" Seasoning instead of the hot pepper sauce. Mmmm, Mmmm good.
Cost per serving $4.50 view details
- 3 8 oz. bottles of clam juice
- 1 lb. russet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 T. (1/4 stick) butter
- 3 slices of bacon, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 10 oz. cans of whole baby clams
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 1 t. hot pepper sauce
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook until bacon begins to brown.
- Add onions, celery, garlic and bay leaf and saute until vegetables are soften, about 6 mins.
- Stir in flour and cook 2 mins. (do not allow flour to brown)
- Gradually whisk in the bottles of clam juice.
- Add potatoes, clams with the juice, half and half and hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer chowder for 5 mins. to blend flavors, stirring frequently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 432g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 124||47%|
|Total Fat 13.96g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6.66g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.95g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|