- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. water Flan
- 1 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 8 x egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed lowfat milk
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla Cake
- 1 pkt lb. cake mix
- 1/4 c. lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 2 x Large eggs Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- For glaze, combine sugar and water in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a full boil, reduce heat, and cook about 20 min till sugar caramelizes. Don't STIR.
- Quickly pour into a 10 inch cake pan, tilting to cover the bottom of the pan proportionately. Set aside.
- For flan, whisk lowfat milk, egg yolks, condensed lowfat milk, lemon zest and vanilla till well-blended. Pour over sugar glaze in cake pan.
- For cake, combine cake mix, Large eggs, lowfat milk and lemon juice; mix well. Spoon proportionately over the flan layer. Bake 30 to 35 min, or possibly till cake springs back when touched.
- Cold 20 min in pan. Run knife along the edge to loosen. Invert on a heat-resistant serving plate. Serve hot or possibly cold.