Crockpot recipe for slow cooked brisket that becomes delicious spicy shredded beef for sandwiches.
Other beef can be used, such as rump, chuck, round steak, etc.
Toast the sandwich rolls/buns, add a bit of mayo, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and cheese. Wrap in foil and bake 10 minutes @ 350 F.
- 2-3 lbs. brisket flat, cut in 2-3 pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 16 oz. jar giardiniera, drained, chopped *
- 16 oz. jar pepperoncini, drained
- 1 envelope Good Seasons dry Italian dressing
- 1 can beef broth
- Make your own giardiniera: 1 cup chopped cauliflower, 1 chopped carrot, 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, 1-2 stalks celery, 2 scallions, add a tbs. of vinegar
- Put it all in a crockpot and cook on high for an hour, then low until beef is fork tender, 8-10 hours.
- Will freeze.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 352g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 269||64%|
|Total Fat 29.88g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 9.23g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.42g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|