you COULD JUST TIE THESE LEAVES AND SPRIGS INTO A BUNCH, THEN TOSS THE SEEDS INTO THE POT, BUT WE PREFER TO MAKE THEM INTO A NEAT PARCEL. use THE 'BUTT' OF THE LEEK (the OUTER TWO LEAVES) AS THE WRAPPING AND KITCHEN STRING TO HOLD IT ALL IN PLACE. A bouquet garni WILL KEEP FRESH FOR SEVERAL DAYS IF STORED IN THE REFRIGERATOR
- INGREDIENTS (for I Bouquet Garni)
- 'butt' of 1 large leek
- Â½ celery stick
- 1 sprig thyme
- few parsley stalks
- 1 bay leaf
- Â½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- Â½ teaspoon white peppercorns
- 6 coriander seeds
- 1 Separate out the outer 2 leaves of the white of the leek and place the celery, thyme, parsley stalks and bay leaf in the centre. Spoon in the pepÂpercorns and coriander seeds.
- 2 Fold in the ends and sides of the leek and roll into a neat parcel.
- 3 Tie firmly in a number of places.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 30g|
|Calories from Fat 6||20%|
|Total Fat 0.66g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.86g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|