Huevos Rancheros is a classic Mexican dish consisting of fried eggs covered with salsa, beans and cheese all served on fried tortilla’s. It’s a menu favorite at diners, sit-down restaurants and fast food joints throughout the western states. What makes my recipe skinny is using scrambled egg whites, a small amount of reduced-fat cheese and not frying the tortillas. Most of the ingredients you might already have on hand. The skinny for 1 serving 0f this fiber-rich breakfast is 289 calories, 7 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Carl’s Jr makes a Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Burrito which has 660 calories and 34 grams of fat. Try it this weekend for breakfast or brunch. It’s really good!
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- Â½ cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup (8) egg whites
- Â½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- Â½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Â¼ cup salsa, I like Pace Chunky (medium heat) or your favorite salsa
- 4-Mission Yellow Corn Tortillas-Extra Thin (40 calories each) or your favorite corn tortillas
- Â¼ cup Sargento Reduced-Fat 4 Cheese Mexican cheese or reduced-fat cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium nonstick pan, melt butter. Add scallions and sautÃ© for about a minute, until soft. Pour in egg whites, tomatoes, beans and salsa. Cook on medium-high heat stirring with a rubber spatula until eggs are done.
- Place on each plate 2 thin tortillas. Divide and place the egg mixture on top of the tortillas.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Serve at once with extra salsa on the side.
- Weight Watchers (old points) 6
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
- SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving
- 289 calories, 7g fat, 24g protein, 33g carbs, 6g fiber, 507mg sodium, 4g sugar
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http;//skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 150g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||24%|
|Total Fat 6.63g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.86g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.69g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.9g||30%|