Pizza for breakfast? Yes, in deed with this healthy, vegetarian breakfast melt! To make mine skinny I’m using one of those fabulous 100 calorie sandwich thins, egg whites, a little reduced-fat cheese and pizza sauce. The skinny for each is 215 calories, 6 grams of fat, 5 grams of fiber and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. It’s so easy to assemble and ready in minutes. Here’s to a breakfast the whole family will love!
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon onions-and-leeks">onions or green onions-and-leeks">onions, chopped
- 1 Oroweat Sandwich Thin, see shopping tip
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat butter
- 1Â½ tablespoons pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 slice (Â¾ oz) Sargento Light Provolone cheese or your favorite light cheese
- Preheat Panini maker or George Foreman grill. This melt can be cooked in a nonstick pan too, see cooking tip
- Pour 2 egg whites into a custard cup or small bowl to create a round shape. Sprinkle in onions. Cover with a microwave-safe plate and cook in microwave for 1-2 minutes until cook through.
- Spread the outside of the sandwich thin, both top and bottom, with Â½ teaspoon of butter on each. Split open and spread the inside of the bottom slice with pizza sauce. On top of sauce place cooked eggs and top with 1 slice of cheese. Place remaining top piece of sandwich thin, butter side out.
- Place in Panini maker or George Foreman grill and cook for 3-4 minutes until melted and golden brown. Remove with a spatula as the cheese oozes out a bit while cooking. Remove any melted pieces on the Panini maker and add to plate. I love it that way!
- Serve with a fork and knife.
- Shopping Tip
- Oroweat Sandwich Thins can be found in most large supermarkets. One sandwich thin has 100 calories, 1g fat and 5g fiber. They come in several flavors with the same nutrition facts. Several brands are available so if you canât find Oroweat, use one of the others brands.
- Cooking Tip
- This pizza melt can also be made in a nonstick pan. Be sure to coat the pan first with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until golden, turn over and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and the sandwich thin is golden brown.
- If youâre looking to make several melts at once, you can scramble the egg whites in a nonstick pan. Either coat the pan with cooking spray or melt about a teaspoon of reduced-fat butter in the pan first before add the eggs to scramble.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 34g|
|Calories from Fat 36||73%|
|Total Fat 4.12g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.54g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.47g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|