If some people at your Thanksgiving dinner like cranberry sauce and others prefer applesauce this recipe just might work for you... We decided to take these two wonderful sauce flavors and combine them into one delicious sauce.
Weight Watchers POINTS value 1
Skinny Facts: for a ¼ cup serving
80 calories, 0g fat, 0g protein, 21g carbs, 2g fiber, 1mg sodium, 13g sugar
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- Â½ cup sugar
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped into small chunks (we like Honey-crisp, Gala or Fuji)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, add apple cider, sugar, apples and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add the cranberries, turn down to a simmer and cook for about 10-12 minutes until berries burst and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in the vinegar. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. It will thicken completely as it cools. This sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 93g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||1%|
|Total Fat 0.11g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.25g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|