These egg baskets makes a delicious addition to any breakfast or brunch. For the baskets we’re using high fiber English muffins. We’re filling them with a medley of sauteed spinach, garlic, onions and tomatoes, plus a combo of eggs and whites. Finally, they’re topped with fat-free feta cheese. The skinny on one of these very filling baskets is 147 calories, 6 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. You’ll really love these!
- 3 Oroweat Double Fiber English Muffins, split, see shopping tip
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light, melted
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard-prepared">mustard or spicy brown mustard-prepared">mustard
- Â½ cup onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Â½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3 eggs, we like Egglandâs Best Eggs
- 3 egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoon fat-free feta cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees; coat a jumbo muffin pan with cooking spray, see shopping tip
- 2. Roll the 6 muffin halves a bit larger using a rolling pin to flatten. Place a muffin half in each muffin tin, pressing up the sides to form the baskets. It doesnât need to go all the way to the top of the tin.
- 3. Combine the melted butter and mustard in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush butter all over the inside of the baskets. Place in oven and toast until slightly browned, about 10-12 minutes.
- 4. In the meantime, in a large nonstick pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and saute over medium heat until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until just starting to wilt. Stir in tomatoes. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5. In a bowl, whip together the eggs and whites to combine. Add the eggs among the 6 toasted baskets, about Â¼ cup for each basket. Divide the spinach mixture among the 6 baskets and top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- 6. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or so until eggs are cooked. Remove from oven and lift baskets from pan with a knife.
- 7. Serve immediately with a fork and knife.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 75g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||65%|
|Total Fat 7.73g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.53g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.7g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|