These egg baskets makes a delicious addition to any breakfast or brunch. For the baskets we’re using high fiber English muffins. We’re filling them with a medley of sauteed spinach, garlic, onions and tomatoes, plus a combo of eggs and whites. Finally, they’re topped with fat-free feta cheese. The skinny on one of these very filling baskets is 147 calories, 6 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. You’ll really love these!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees; coat a jumbo muffin pan with cooking spray, see shopping tip
2. Roll the 6 muffin halves a bit larger using a rolling pin to flatten. Place a muffin half in each muffin tin, pressing up the sides to form the baskets. It doesnât need to go all the way to the top of the tin.
3. Combine the melted butter and mustard in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush butter all over the inside of the baskets. Place in oven and toast until slightly browned, about 10-12 minutes.
4. In the meantime, in a large nonstick pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and saute over medium heat until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until just starting to wilt. Stir in tomatoes. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. In a bowl, whip together the eggs and whites to combine. Add the eggs among the 6 toasted baskets, about Â¼ cup for each basket. Divide the spinach mixture among the 6 baskets and top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
6. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or so until eggs are cooked. Remove from oven and lift baskets from pan with a knife.