Cost per serving $0.02 view details
- 12 very small squids, (calamaretti)
- 2 medium size mozzarella balls
- Several basil leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Put the mozzarella and several basil leaves into a food processor and chop until the basil and cheese have melded together. Or you may chop both by hand very finely.
- Remove the tentacles, sac, beak, eyes and spine and wash any sand off the squid. Fill each tube with the cheese and basil mixture and close the opening with a toothpick. The opening of the squid is be very small and is sometimes a little difficult to fill.
- Place the filled squid on a hot grill and cook for only few minutes. Any longer and the squid will be very rubbery. Turn the squid a few times to get all the sides grilled.
- Salt them immediately after taking them off the grill and serve them immediately when they are hot and the mozzarella is still stringy.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|