For as long as I can remember when I was sick my mom and grandmother would always make me College Inn chicken broth and elbow macaroni. When I became a vegetarian, this became an issue, because when I was feeling sick this combination was all I wanted, but it grossed me out. Now with all the vegetarian broths available, when I feel sick, I can still enjoy my favorite comfort food.
- Elbow macaroni (I judge the amount by eye, adding more or less macaroni depending on how I'm feeling)
- 1 14.5 oz. can of College Inn vegetable broth
- 1 carrot thinly sliced in rounds circles
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- salt, pepper to taste
- In a pot, boil some salted water. Once boiling add macaroni, celery and carrots. Cook until they are all tender and drain. (About 8-10 minutes)
- Pour in the College Inn broth.
- Heat until the broth is starting to boil and serve. That's it!
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 545g|
|Calories from Fat 2||4%|
|Total Fat 0.19g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.09g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|