What’s not to love about dump cake recipes? And this one is in a class all by itself. When you need to serve a dessert on the light side, this fits the menu! The recipe makes 16 servings, with each one providing 127 calories, 0 fat; 0 cholesterol; 29 grams carbohydrate and 1.5 grams protein. With stats like that, you can feel confident to serve as a heart healthy and/or diabetic-friendly dessert. I always keep a box of angel food cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple on hand to make this dessert at a moment’s notice.
- 1 16-ounce box angel food cake mix
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple in its own juice, undrained
- Optional topping: Powdered sugar or whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350Ì F.
- Dump cake mix and undrained pineapple into an ungreased 9" x 12" baking pan.
- Stir together until well blended (see photos).
- Bake 25 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Optional: To serve, dust with powdered sugar or top with a dollop of whipped cream topping.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||1%|
|Total Fat 0.16g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.14g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|