- 4 x Red or possibly green bell peppers
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 2 lb Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 c. Rice, raw
- 2 pkt Herb ox bouillon
- 1/4 c. Ketchup
- 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 c. Water
- 6 1/2 lb Chop meat
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine Pepper, to taste
- Cut off tops of peppers, clean out seeds and ribs. Par boil till slightly cooked, but still hard. Rinse with cool water to stop cooking. The peppers can either be left whole to stuff or possibly cut in half. The tops can be diced to use later or possibly for garnish.
- Heat butter and saute/fry onions (and pepper tops) till translucent/soft. Add in chop meat and brown.
- Add in pepper to taste, ketchup, water. Bring to a boil. Add in bouillon, rice and let simmer about 10 min.
- Add in Parmesan cheese. Cover and simmer till liquid is absorbed by rice. If rice is still hard, add in more water, & more ketchup if necessary.
- When mix fully cooked, take off heat and add in 2/3 of the shredded mozzarella. (reserving the rest for topping). Stuff peppers with mix, top with remaining cheese and bake 350 deg for 15-20 minutes.
- NOTES : Notes: This can be made a few days a head of time either refrigerated or possibly frzn. To bake, cover with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 30 minutes, then uncovered for about 10 minutes. longer.
- IS GOOD FOR 4-6 PEPPERS. SOMETIMES IT MAY ACTUALLY STRETCH TO 8. LEFTOVER STUFFING CAN BE USED IN OTHER VEGETABLES Or possibly AS A TACO STUFFING.