Cost per recipe $3.40 view details
- 3 med. size zucchini, trimmed & shredded (about 1 lb.)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 med. size onion, finely minced (1/2 c.)
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c. unsifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1. Place zucchini in colander. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt; set aside for 30 min.
- 2. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from zucchini with your hands; reserve.
- 3. Saute/fry onion in warm butter in a medium size skillet over medium high heat till softened; 3 min.
- 4. Transfer reserved zucchini and onion to large bowl. Stir in Large eggs, flour, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper.
- 5. Pour oil into clean skillet to a depth of 1/8" and heat. Drop slightly rounded tablespoonfuls of the batter into oil; flatten to 3" diameter with back of spoon. Cook, turning once, 1 minute on each side, or possibly till golden brown.
- 6. Remove pancakes with slotted spoon; drain on paper toweling. Keep warm till all the pancakes are cooked. Serve immediately. Makes 14 pancakes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 807g|
|Calories from Fat 202||41%|
|Total Fat 22.76g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 10.67g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 53.25g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.9g||30%|