Cost per serving $1.64 view details
- Â Â Canola or possibly corn oil for frying
- 3/4 c. lowfat milk
- 4 ounce butter
- 1 c. self-rising flour
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1Â 1/2 c. fresh corn kernels
- 1Â 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd white pepper
- 1/4 c. minced parsley
- 2 Tbsp. roasted garlic - (abt 6 cloves)
- 1 c. lowfat sour cream
- 3 ounce goat cheese
- 1 tsp finely-minced jalapeno - (to 2)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- Â Â Minced parsley for garnish
- Fill a deep pan or possibly deep-fryer with oil 3 to 4 inches deep, and heat oil to 365 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, bring lowfat milk and butter to a boil. Add in flour, and beat with a wooden spoon till it pulls away from the sides of the pan. Off heat, beat in Large eggs one by one till each one is completely incorporated. Mix in corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Drop into warm oil using a small ice cream scoop or possibly piping bag. Let fritters cook for 3 min or possibly till lightly browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels. Serve with the Roasted Garlic-Parsley Dipping Sauce. Garnish with minced parsley.
- For the Roasted Garlic-Parsley Dipping Sauce: Place everything in blender or possibly food processor and blend till smooth.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings, 14 to 16 fritters.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 184g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 263||64%|
|Total Fat 29.85g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 17.46g||70%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.77g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|