Cost per recipe $10.92 view details
- 2Â 1/4 c. Cake flour
- 3 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 Tbsp. Unsalted butter softened
- 1Â 1/2 c. Sugar
- 2 tsp Finely-grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Lemon extract
- 1/2 c. Egg whites - (abt 4 large Large eggs)
- 1Â 1/4 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Egg whites
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2Â 1/2 stk Unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 c. Strained lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. Seedless raspberry preserves
- 7 ounce Sweetened shredded coconut - (1 bag)
- Butter and line with buttered parchment or possibly waxed paper two 9-inch round pans, 1 1/2 to 2-inches deep. Set a rack at the middle level of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Sift the cake flour, baking pwdr and salt onto a piece of parchment or possibly waxed paper and set aside. Use an electric mixer set at medium speed to beat the butter and sugar till light, about 3 min. Beat in the lemon zest, and extract. In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites and lowfat milk. Add in a third of the flour mix to the butter and sugar mix and beat till smooth. Scrape down bowl and beaters. Beat in half the lowfat milk and egg white mix till incorporated, then beat in another third of the flour mix. Scrape bowl and beaters. Beat in remaining liquid till absorbed, followed by remaining flour mix. Scrape well after each addition.
- Divide batter between prepared pans and smooth top proportionately. Bake for about 30 to 35 min, till well risen and a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean. Cold layers in pans for 5 min, then invert to racks to cold. Peel off paper. If prepared in advance, double wrap layers in plastic wrap and refrigeratefor up to several days or possibly freeze.
- To make the buttercream, combine egg whites and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk over a pan of simmering water till egg whites are warm and sugar is dissolved. Whip by machine till cooled. Switch to paddle and beat in butter till smooth. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla.
- To assemble cake, cut each layer into two horizontal layers. Place first layer on a cardboard and spread with a third of the jam and a quarter of the buttercream. Place another layer on and repeat. Place another layer on and repeat again. Place the last layer on and spread the entire outside of the cake with the last quarter of the buttercream. Adhere the coconut all over the outside of the cake.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2103g|
|Calories from Fat 3166||45%|
|Total Fat 361.99g||452%|
|Saturated Fat 236.47g||946%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 890.25g||237%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.0g||57%|