Cost per serving $1.55 view details
- olive oil
- 2 chorizo, sliced & then halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, cored, seeded & diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 heaped tbsp chilli paste
- 500 gm chicken thigh fillets, diced
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups long grain rice
- 1Â½ litres chicken stock
- 4 spring (green) onions, chopped
- Heat a little oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan and gently sautÃ© the chorizo until just coloured. Remove.
- Then add a little fresh oil to the pan, if needed, with the onion, capsicum, celery and garlic. Stir well and gently sautÃ© until lightly coloured.
- Add the chilli paste and briefly cook to toast the spices, continually stirring.
- Then add the chicken with seasonings and toss to seal.
- Return the chorizo, together with the rice and toss to coat well.
- Add 1 litre stock and Tabasco to taste. Stir and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat, cover and gently simmer for about 20 mins until the rice is tender â DONâT STIR, unless you need to add more stock. Remove from the heat and set aside for a few minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- Stir through the spring onions and serve with the Tabasco bottle on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 338g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 248||28%|
|Total Fat 27.57g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 8.93g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.22g|
|Total Carbs 117.43g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|