Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 750 ml hot chicken stock
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- a few drops of Tabasco
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp cream
- Â½ cooked chicken, skin removed & chopped
- 250 gm spaghetti
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180Â°C fan forced (200Â°C normal).
- Gently melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pot. Then add the flour and briefly cook, continually stirring.
- Add the hot stock all at once and vigorously whisk until well combined. Briefly cook until thickened.
- Then add the sherry, Tabasco, egg yolk, seasonings and cream. Whisk well, add the cooked chicken and stir well. Remove from the heat.
- At the same time, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of lightly salted, boiling water until a little under al dente. Drain well and toss with most of the sauce.
- Then transfer the mixture to a large gratin dish (or ovenproof dish), spoon the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with a generous amount of parmesan. Cook in the oven for 10 mins until the cheese has melted and browned a little.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley and a simple green salad dressed with a little balsamic and olive oil on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 439g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 305||44%|
|Total Fat 34.17g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 13.05g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.69g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|