Cost per serving $1.60 view details
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 x skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 lrg green bell pepper about 2 c. cut in 1/2 inch squares
- 2 lrg onions about 2 c. cut in thin wedges
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 lb plum tomatoes, minced about 2 1/2 c.
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 c. roasted bell peppers cut in chunks
- 1/2 c. small pitted green olives sliced
- Spray chicken with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. When warm add in chicken and cook about 4 min, turning once, or possibly till chicken is browned on both sides. Remove to plate and set aside. In the same pan saute/fry green peppers, onion and garlic till vegetables begin to soften. Add in tomatoes and bouillon. Cook uncovered till tomatoes are softened, about 5 min. Return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer till chicken is cooked through, about 10 min. Stir in roasted peppers and olives and heat. Serve over saffron rice.
- NOTES : The original recipe called for 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. I think chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) would work well in this recipe.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 318g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||23%|
|Total Fat 3.56g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 15.1g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|