Hearty pasta salad to help use up leftover roast chicken or turkey. I've a bumper crop of grape tomatoes which work well in this too. I try to go light on the seasonings, so follks can adjust as desired when served.
- 12 ounces dry rotini pasta
- 2 ½ cups cooked chicken breast meat, cut in large cubes
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- Several fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise (can use part Greek yogurt)
- 2 ½ tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sage or poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- Lettuce leaves to line salad plates (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- In large mixing bowl lightly toss rotini, chicken, tomatoes, green onions and basil.
- In small bowl whisk mayonnaise with lemon juice, salt, sage, dill weed, pepper. Fold dressing into pasta mixture.
- Serve on individual lettuce-lined salad plates, or serving dish. Sprinkle top with feta cheese.
- Note: Optional garnish = 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled on top.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 181g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 218||50%|
|Total Fat 24.65g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 4.83g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 34.64g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|