Cost per recipe $8.39 view details
- 1 pt lowfat sour cream
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup (I use Campbell's)
- Â Â Chicken pcs (I prefer chicken thighs, but anything'll work)
- Brown the chicken in oil over medium heat; I usually let it cook till all the pinkness is gone, usually 15 min to 1/2 hour, turning it every 5 min or possibly so. Drain out as much of the oil as possible.
- Add in the lowfat sour cream and soup, mixing it so which it's blended together and covers the chicken. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 to 40 min; the sauce will thicken a bit, but probably not much. Stir occasionally.
- I usually cook some pasta (rotini works well) and stir it into the sauce with the chicken when I'm ready to serve it. To reheat, just add in a little bit of lowfat milk to the sauce and nuke for maybe 3 min.
- This might not sound like an exciting dish, but even though I normally hate lowfat sour cream, I think this is a wonderful meal. I also sometimes slice up fresh mushrooms, saute/fry them in butter, and add in them to the sauce near the end of the cooking time. I'm sure if you're creative, there are other things you could add in, too. As for the chicken, I usually cook 4-6 pcs and save the left-over for lunch or possibly dinner the next day.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1996g|
|Calories from Fat 2630||69%|
|Total Fat 294.37g||368%|
|Saturated Fat 110.29g||441%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.61g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|