I adore chicken cutlets. I grew up on them, my parents would make them twice a week, my mom would always make your traditional cutlet while my father always made good old chicken parm. As much as a love a good cutlet, I love playing with the endless possiblities on how to make your everyday cutlet even better.
I bread these puppies with italian bread crumbs and fry , then puree roasted peppers with garlic and good olive oil. Top the cutlet with the puree and sharp shredded cheddar cheese and pop them in the oven just to melt the cheese.
- 1 and 1/2 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
- Italian bread crumbs (about a cup or so)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 Jar Roasted Red Peppers
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Olive Oil
- Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Vegetable Oil
- Start by heating a pan with vegetable oil
- create a assembly line of chicken, egg, and bread crumbs
- Begin to dip the chicken in egg then breadcrumbs and fry.
- As cutlets are done, remove from pan and let cool off on a plate lined with paper towel.
- For the puree, drain peppers from jar, put in bowl, add 2 tbsp of good olive oil, salt about tbsp and puree.
- Place chicken cutlets on a baking sheet, top each cutlet with puree then shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place in a preheated oven at 300, and let bake until cheese is melted.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 54g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||61%|
|Total Fat 4.55g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.17g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.61g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|