I got inspired one night at a party when they served jalapeno peppers. I loved the taste, hot, crunchy, creamy and spicy all good adjectives to describe a yummy appetizer. I started to think of what other dishes could you make with this combination of deliciousness. I came up with Jalapeno Popper Chicken - its soooo good!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 oz. Softened Light Cream Cheese
- 3 Jalapenos Diced
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a mixing bowl - mix together cream cheese, diced jalapenos, and cheddar cheese.
- Prep the chicken by pounding it to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Spoon cheese mixture on the chicken breast.
- Roll chicken
- In a shallow dish add panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Crack the egg in a seperate bowl, add a little bit of water and mix.
- Dip chicken in egg, roll in panko bread crumbs.
- Place seam side down on baking dish.
- Bake for 30 - 40 min.
- Be sure to let the chicken rest for 3 min.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 117g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 119||55%|
|Total Fat 13.35g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 7.72g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 3.24g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|