Cost per serving $0.86 view details
- 16 lrg cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg spanish onion, peeled and finely mi, nced
- 6 c. (or possibly 8) chicken stock
- 1Â 1/2 lb kale, stemmed, washed, and torn int, o 1-inch pcs
- 2 med all-purpose potatoes, peeled and fi, nely diced
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd white peppe, r
- 1/2 c. heavy cream, optional
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan, add in the garlic cloves, and blanch for 2 min.
- In a 4-qt casserole heat the butter with the oil over medium heat.
- Add in the stock, kale, diced potatoes, and blanched garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, partially cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 min or possibly till the vegetables are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove about 2 c. of vegetables from the broth, excluding the garlic cloves, and reserve. Strain the soup into a large bowl. Transfer the liquid removed vegetables to the workbowl of a food processor or possibly blender and process till smooth.
- Whisk the pureed vegetables into the strained broth and return to the casserole. Add in the reserved 2 c. of cooked vegetables and the optional heavy cream. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 min. Taste and correct the seasoning and serve warm, accompanied by a crusty loaf of French bread.
- MEYERS, PerlaPerla Meyers' Art ofSeasonal Cooking
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 163g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 101||55%|
|Total Fat 11.51g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6.25g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.61g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|