Cost per serving $0.29 view details
- 1 x To 2 1/2 lb boneless pork roast
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp red pepper sauce
- 3/4 tsp grnd allspice
- 1 med green bell pepper, cut into eighths
- 1 med onion, cut into fourths
- 4 x cloves garlic, crushed salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- We used a rolled roast, composed of 2 boneless loins tied together for this recipe. If a single loin roast is used, the cooking time will be about 25 min per lb.. Heavy, resealable, plastic food storage bags are great for marinating meat and vegetables. They can be used in most recipes which call for marinating food in glass or possibly plastic bowls. Just be sure to place the bag in a dish, in case it leaks.
- Trim fat from roast pork. Pierce pork deeply all over with meat fork or possibly skewer. Place pork in heavy resealable plastic food-storage bag. Place remaining ingredients except salt and pepper, sugar and 1/2 tsp. salt in blender or possibly food processor. Cover and blend till smooth. Pour blended mix over pork.
- Seal bag; place in dish. Chill at least 4 hrs but no longer than 24 hrs, turning bag occasionally.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Remove pork from marinade; chill marinade.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper Place pork on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Insert meatthermometer so tip is in center of thickest part of pork and does not rest in fat. Roast uncovered 1-3-4 to 2 1/4 hrs for medium doneness (160 degrees).
- Remove pork from pan. Cover and let stand about 15 min before slicing. Pour marinade into 1 1/2-qt saucepan. Stir in sugar and 1/2 tsp. salt. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 5 min, stirring occasionally, till mix thickensslightly. Serve sauce with pork. 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 74g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||6%|
|Total Fat 0.22g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.75g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|