Cost per recipe $6.73 view details
- 6 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, (3/4 stick)
- 1Â 1/2 c. Golden sugar, (packed)
- 3/4 c. Whipping cream
- 1 pch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. Golden sugar, (packed)
- 1/4 c. Unsalted butter, room temperature (1/2 stick)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. All purpose flour
- 2/3 c. Minced pecans, lightly toasted
- 1/2 gal Butter pecan or possibly almond praline ice cream, softened slightly
- 36 x Pecans halves, toasted (optional), up to 40
- For Sauce:Heat butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in sugar, cream and salt and whisk till sauce is smooth and comes to simmer.
- Remove from heat; fold in vanilla. Cold sauce completely, stirring occasionally.
- For Crust:Preheat oven to 350F. Butter bottom of 9-inch-diameter springform pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar, butter and vanilla extract in medium bowl till smooth. Add in flour and 2/3 c. minced pecans and stir till moist clumps form. Press dough onto bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake till crust is set and beginning to brown, about 12 min. Cold crust completely.
- Spoon ice cream into crust, pressing to compact. pour 1/2 c. sauce over. Using tip of small knife, swirl sauce and top layer of ice cream, creating marbled pattern. Cover pie and freeze 12 hrs.
- (Sauce and pie can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover remaining sauce and chill. Keep pie frzn.)
- Run small sharp knife around pan sides to loosen pie. release pan sides. Arrange toasted pecan halves decoratively around top edge of pie, if you like. Let pie stand 5 min to soften slightly.
- Rewarm remaining sauce. Cut pie into wedges and serve with sauce.
- Serves 8 to 10.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 764g|
|Calories from Fat 1548||45%|
|Total Fat 177.54g||222%|
|Saturated Fat 96.21g||385%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 468.06g||125%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.0g||20%|