Holy Guacamole! Run of the mill guacamole is taken over the top with a little spicy reinforcement from salsa. Tomatoes add garden fresh flavor and are rich in lycopene. Grated carrot adds an element of crunch and texture, not to mention beta-carotene and fiber, while Sriracha seals the deal. If you love guacamole, you'll be hoppin' with joy over this recipe! Delicion!
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 c. medium salsa
- 2 avocados, skins removed and chopped
- 1/2 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut tomato into quarters and scrap out seeds with a spoon or gently squeeze.
- To prep avocado, cut lengthwise around diameter. Gently twist to open. Using a sharp knife, carefully strike the pit and turn in hand until seed dislodges. With a large spoon, run down and around inside of skin to remove whole fruit. Roughly chop and toss with lemon juice.
- Add remaining ingredients and fold together. Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a chilled bowl or shallow dish and serve with tortillas, baked pita chips or tacos!
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 578g|
|Calories from Fat 270||62%|
|Total Fat 30.07g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 4.37g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 41.95g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.2g||64%|