Packed with vitamins, minerals, protein and flavor, this dip is a great way to stock pile on nutrition. Quick and easy to make from pantry ingredients and exploding with zeal. Try this dip cold, at room temperature or warmed. Whatever your preference,this dip stands up to the challenge.
- 1 BULB garlic
- 1 15 oz. can Cannellini beans
- 1 15 oz. can light red Kidney beans
- 4 oz. Greek yogurt
- 5 strips bacon, about 3 oz. cooked, drained and chopped, fat reserved
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. finely minced red onion
- 1 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- olive oil for drizzling
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- chives and parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Slice garlic bulb in half crosswise, place in foil and drizzle with olive oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Roast until tender, about 35 minutes. Allow cooling just enough to handle.
- Drain and rinse beans in a colander. Place in food processor with yogurt, lemon juice, onion, Sriracha, roasted garlic and spices. Add 2 tsp. of reserved bacon fat. Process until smooth, drizzling in olive oil as needed for texture improvement or creaminess, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to medium bowl and fold in bacon and cheese with a rubber spatula. Transfer to serving vessel and garnish with parsley, chives or both. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, naan, or whatever desired.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 477g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 355||50%|
|Total Fat 39.75g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 17.8g||71%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.7g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.6g||59%|