Cost per serving $1.45 view details
- 1 pound of Organic Carrots, sliced in 1-inch rounds
- 5 cloves of garlic, whole, peeled
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea or Kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated, plus more for serving
- 1 pound of Pasta(like Barila Whole Grain)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of the Pasta Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl toss the carrot rounds and garlic with the Olive oil, using your hand to thoroughly coat the carrots and garlic with oil. Season well with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Bake in a 9x13 inch baking pan about 45-50 minutes until carrots are tender. Take the pan out and toss halfway through the cooking time.
- When carrots are tender, remove from oven. Cook the pasta in a generous amount of salted water to al dente according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking make the carrot cream.
- In a blender or food processor puree the carrots and garlic together with the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. When the pasta is done cooking reserve a cup and a half of the pasta water.
- Drain pasta and add to a large mixing bowl. Toss with carrot cream, adding pasta water a little at a time until you get a nice consistency and the pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve with Parmesan and crusty bread/garlic bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 256g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 192||29%|
|Total Fat 21.9g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 7.81g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 96.48g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|