Cost per recipe $52.43 view details
- 2 lb Fillet or possibly sirloin of beef
- 3 ounce Butter
- 2 x Onions, finely minced
- 10 ounce Button or possibly wild mushrooms
- 2 lb Puff pastry
- 8 ounce Chicken liver pate
- 8 ounce Lancashire cheese, crumbled
- 4 Tbsp. English mustard
- 1 x Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 x Salt
- 1 x Freshly-grnd black pepper
- Trim the fat from the beef and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan, add in the beef and seal on all sides, cooking for at least 10 min. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside. Add in a little more butter to the pan and cook the onions and mushrooms till all the moisture has evaporated. Allow to cold.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry to a large rectangle and put on to a greased baking sheet. Spread the onion and mushroom mix on to the centre of the pastry and put the beef on top of the mix. Top the meat with a layer of pate, cheese and mustard.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg. Fold and seal the pastry, pressing down on the edges. Make some flowers and leaves with the leftover pastry to decorate, then brush the whole parcel with beaten egg.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 min, then lower the heat to 180C/350F/gas 4 for a further 15 min till golden.
- For a normal beef wellington, simply omit the cheese and mustard.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2602g|
|Calories from Fat 5038||64%|
|Total Fat 561.45g||702%|
|Saturated Fat 188.51g||754%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 464.08g||124%|
|Dietary Fiber 36.4g||121%|