Cost per serving $1.93 view details
- 1 lb Round steak
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 c. Veg. oil
- 1 x Egg
- 1 c. Dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp Ginger Dash of pepper SWEET & Warm SAUCE
- 1/3 c. Catsup
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Dry mustard
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Warm pepper sauce
- Trim fat from steak. Cut steak into 3/4 inch wide strips.
- Beat the egg in a bowl with water till well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix bread crumbs, salt, ginger and pepper.
- Dip strips in egg mix, then roll through crumb mix. Arrange strips on a baking sheet*SEE NOTE BELOW* Refrigeratein refrigerator at least 15 min*SEE NOTE BELOW*
- Depending on the size of the steak and the thickness of the cut, more egg and crumb mix may be necessary.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan till warm. Oil should be about 1/4 inch deep in the pan. Remove strips from refrigerator and fry in oil a few at a time for about 30 - 40 sec per side (top & bottom) turning once. Don't overcook.
- Remove strips and drain on paper towel. Keep the strips hot. (Placing paper towel on a cookie sheet and placing in a 200F oven seems to work well.)
- SWEET & Warm SAUCE:Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan (or possibly measuring c.) and stir together well. Heat on stove top, or possibly in microwave till bubbly warm.
- Serve beef strips with warm sauce and french fries.
- NOTE: The steak can be cut and frzn so which the preparation time is greatly reduced. After the steak is cut, roll in flour and arrange so which the strips can be laid out to thaw in a single layer. If the strips are still chilled when it's time to cook them, just dip into the egg, roll in crumbs and place directly into the warm oil. The chilling process is to hard up the egg & crumb mix so which they do not fall off the meat during the frying. If the meat is already sufficiently cool (from defrosting), the chilling in the refrigerator is not necessary.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 226g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 265||50%|
|Total Fat 29.77g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 5.56g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.47g|
|Total Carbs 33.31g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|