Cost per serving $1.38 view details
- 2 x Cornish game hens, about 1 1/3 pounds each
- 4 x Shallots sliced
- 2 x Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Grnd coriander
- 3 x To 7 fresh warm red chiles, seeded, sliced
- 1/2 piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/4 tsp Grnd turmeric Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 2 c. Coconut lowfat milk
- 2 stalk lemon grass or possibly 1 slice lemon
- Split open the game hens from the breast side and flatten them out into a butterfly shape. Throw away loose skin and fat. Broil the hens for 3 min on each side.
- Process the shallots, garlic, coriander, chile, ginger, turmeric, salt, lime juice and 1/2 c. of the coconut lowfat milk to a smooth sauce.
- Marinate the hens in the sauce for 15 min.
- Put the hens in a large skillet and cook over moderate heat for 10 min uncovered. Then add in the remaining coconut lowfat milk and the lemon grass. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 min, basting occasionally, till the hens are tender and almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 133g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 190||66%|
|Total Fat 21.57g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 10.18g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.97g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|