Cost per serving $2.66 view details
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 lrg Cornish game hen, cut into quarters
- 2 x Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Minced fresh rosemary
- 3 x Fresh sage leaves, minced
- Â Â Salt
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper
- Â Â Paprika
- 1 c. Diced tomatoes, liquid removed
- 1/2 c. Dry red wine, or possibly more
- 10 x Black brine-cured olives, (such as kalamata or possibly nicoise)
- Heat 1/4 c. oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add in the leg/thigh pcs and cook for 10 min. Add in the breast pcs and continue to cook for about 20 min, turning the quarters occasionally, till meat is no longer pink. Transfer the quarters to paper towels to drain.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the hen quarters, the garlic, rosemary and sage.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add in the tomato, wine and olives. Cover and simmer till the sauce thickens slightly and the hen quarters are cooked through, about 15 min.
- this fragrant dish on drizzly nights. She serves it with roasted potatoes, rice pilaf or possibly soft polenta.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 272g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 490||78%|
|Total Fat 55.11g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 9.65g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.44g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|