Cost per serving $13.03 view details
- 1/2 c. apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 4 x boneless duck breasts
- 1 Tbsp. Emeril's Original Essence see * Note
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. very thinly-sliced yellow onions
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 5 x Braeburn or possibly Gala apples cored, and
- Â Â cut into eighths
- 2 x garlic cloves peeled, halved
- 1Â 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/4 c. Calvados or possibly apple cider
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- To make the glaze, in a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook till thickened and reduced almost by half, about 8 min. Remove from the heat.
- Score the fat on the duck breasts, making a diamond pattern. Season the duck on all sides with the Essence. To a warm saute/fry pan, add in duck, skin-side down and cook till fat is rendered and skin is crispy, about 5 min. Turn the duck over and brush with the apricot glaze, cook another 5 min, for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of the butter over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and cook till almost caramelized, about 6 min. Add in the remaining 2 Tbsp. of butter and when melted, add in the sugar and cook till melted. Add in the apples, tsp. of salt, black pepper, and cook till caramelized, about 10 to 12 min. Add in the Calvados and thyme to the apples, and cook, scraping with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan.
- Remove from the heat and keep hot till ready to serve. Serve the duck with the caramelized apples and the remaining apricot glaze.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 150g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 106||40%|
|Total Fat 11.92g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 6.04g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.86g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|