Cost per recipe $10.60 view details
- 1 x pork tenderloin - (8 ounce)
- 6 ounce onion finely diced
- 6 x garlic cloves chopped
- 4 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 ounce dry lavender
- 8 ounce green pepper diced finely
- 4 x jalapenos - (to 5) finely minced
- 1 ounce almonds minced
- 3 ounce ancho chilies minced
- 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 2 c. minced tomatoes with skins
- and seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp grnd coriander
- 2 c. chicken broth or possibly vegetable broth
- (can use canned broth)
- 4 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 3 ounce Mexican chocolate - (to 4 ounce)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate pork tenderloin in 1 oz of the extra virgin olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, the lavender, and salt and pepper for about an hour.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, lightly brown the onions, then add in the remaining garlic, peppers, jalapenos, ancho chilies and almonds. Saute/fry for a few min. Add in the cinnamon and coriander and saute/fry for a minute, then add in tomatoes. Deglaze the pan with the stock and add in the peanut butter.
- Sear pork till nicely browned and roast in 350 degree oven for about 20 min. While pork is roasting, puree the sauce in a blender or possibly use a hand-immersion blender. Place sauce back in pan and adjust consistency. Stir in chocolate and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Place sauce on a serving platter and slice pork on the bias and fan on top of the sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1661g|
|Calories from Fat 1751||74%|
|Total Fat 202.35g||253%|
|Saturated Fat 51.79g||207%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 88.39g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 32.9g||110%|